mandag 13. april 2009

One down, another one to go

Today I did the inevitable, I broke my seond pair of sandals here in Rwanda.

The first pair just broke all of a sudden, while I was trying to decide wether I should keep the group of people leaving my house company further that just out of the gate, and if so, for how long? The question was easily answered when one of my masai sandals decided to make it a short run right outside my gate. If you are still not tired of my sandal talk, well, then read on about the second one.

It was on my way back home from church, it had rained constantly for five hours, my clothes were damp and I was eager to get home and change. Hanne had left me to go to the Internet cafe, and so I walked alone towards a comfier future. As the raindrops still poured down over my already very wet jacket, I tried to navigate home without slipping on the road. I never did slip, but I did put my foot down in something that turned out to be more than I could handle. I tried to get my foot loose, and succeded, but when I put it down again, it was shoeless. I heard a giggle from the right, and saw the great guy who once said (and probably still would say) that I was not quite as smart as him or Hanne, because I come from the countryside. Today I just laughed back, picked up my broken sandal after taking the other one off too, he said he was sorry, I told him I was OK.

And as the country girl I am, I walked the muddy road home, barefoot.

Linn Silje<3

Ingen kommentarer: